Thursday, July 28, 2011

Irish Open leader Jeev Milkha Singh contemplated record score

? Indian admits he had thoughts of breaking 60 during 63
? 'It did cross my mind and I gave it a run,' he says

Jeev Milkha Singh had thoughts of breaking 60 in the first round of the Irish Open after an opening 63 made him the clear leader in Killarney.

Singh made par at each of the last four holes in completing an eight-under-par round. Entering that final stretch, the Indian had thoughts of joining an elite club by scoring 59.

"I don't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, but it did cross my mind and I gave it a run," Singh said.

"But I'm still happy with eight under. I think it's one of the best putting rounds I've ever had."

Singh leads Alexandre Kaleka by two shots, followed by the three-man group of Michael Campbell, Christian Nilsson and Marcel Siem. In a tightly packed leaderboard, the defending champion, Ross Fisher, is among a clutch of players who sit one stroke further back.


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/28/jeev-milkha-singh-irish-open

Milan Baros Financial Services Authority (FSA) Small business Cheryl Cole Pakistan cricket team The Archers

No comments:

Post a Comment