Friday, January 21, 2011

Are expensive glasses a necessity?

A reader wonders if a pricey pair of specs is necessary, or whether they can buy off the shelf

Every week a Guardian Money reader submits a question, and it's up to you to help him or her out ? a selection of the best answers will appear in next Saturday's paper.

This week's question:

I'm 45 and have just been told I need glasses for reading and computer work. The optician wants �130 for a decent pair, but I'm wondering if I need them at all? A friend buys �1 pairs at Poundland and says they work fine. Am I being sold a pup, or do I need the expensive ones?

What are your thoughts?


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog/2011/jan/21/expensive-glasses-necessity

US constitution and civil liberties State pensions European debt crisis Inflation English Defence League Amir Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment